20 Random Facts About Me | Enwongo Ettang
In this blog post, I will be sharing with you 20 random facts about me. If you are close to me, you probably know most of these - but if you are new to my platform, this may give you some insight into the person behind the blog.
On this blog I do write a lot of stuff about family life, marriage challenges and tips- But today I decided to write write a little bit about myself.
Why is this of value to you? Well, I guess it will give you some insight into who I am.
So without wasting your time, let’s get into it.
- I am the first of 4 children. I have 2 brothers and 1 sister. Both my parents are alive and they both have influenced my life and the person I have become.
- I was born in the city of Jos, Plateau State in “Plateau Hospital”. I have lived in cities such as Jos, Benin, Durban, Port Elizabeth and Kokstad.
- When I was 8 years old, I sustained a compound fracture of my right elbow. That was the end my once promising soccer career. I was sentenced to several weeks on admission at Bingham University Teaching Hospital (formerly Jankwano/ECWA Evangel Hospital).
- I love music and I play a few musical instruments - The Keyboard/Piano, Acoustic Guitar, Drums, Recorder & The Flute. The first musical instrument I learnt to play was the Recorder. My music mentors include Tom Brooks, Panam Percy Paul, Ron Kenoly & Fred Hammond (I know, old school).
- The first musical instrument I owned was an acoustic guitar. My father bought it for me while recovering from my elbow injury.
- I once studied Botany at the University of Jos, Nigeria.
- I decided quite early in my life I was going to be a Missionary Doctor.
- The first car that I ever owned was a red VW golf. I actually named it Timothy (don’t ask me why). I used it to travel across the country for graphic design business, mission work and fellowship meetings.
- I was a graphic designer at one time in my life. In fact I had a thriving career in graphic design. I will share a link to a few jobs I did.
- I was a skinny child when I grew up. For those of you who know me now, don’t be moved by my current pot belly. It wasn’t always this way. It was one of the benefits of marriage.
- I am a recovering people pleaser. I find it VERY difficult to say NO.
- I love technology. Yes, I love shining gadgets. I think they call it “shining object syndrome”. I am currently an apple fan boy. Yes I have said it. I have almost all things apple. I am in touch with most of the latests happenings around the world of technology.
- I was once a house husband. I am not ashamed about that. It was a unique time in my life when I learnt humility and contentment. It doesn’t mean I was lazy but I was just unable to get a job when I came to South Africa newly.
- I love soccer and I was a Chelsea fan for several years. Recently in 2016 - I crossed over to support Manchester United. That is another conversation for another day.
- I was once suspended in high school.
- I met my wife in a music concert. I attended a music concert with our music group in high school which we called “The Hallelujah Voices”. And that friendship has blossomed over these years resulting in 2 amazing children (6 year old son and a 3 year old daughter).
- A few of my high schoolroom mates and friends are celebrities - E.g Jude Abaga “M. I”, Emmanuel Nwosu “eKelly”.
- I once struggled with Pornography. It was a difficult time in my life and I am excited that God delivered me from that bondage.
- I used to be a Pastor in University. I was fully involved with ministry and leadership e.g NIFES, NCCMDS (CMDA/CMF), Christian Community on Campus (CCC), Student Mission International etc. Currently I have a passion for marriage education and marriage ministry.
- My favourite colour is blue. I don’t have any specific preference as to the shade of blue. Once it’s blue - it’s okay with me.
That’s it, 20 random things about me.
So, share 1 random things about yourself in the comments section below.